Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Moving Holy Spirit


In a recent dream, I heard these words, “Sometimes Holy Spirit moves us and sometimes we move Holy Spirit.” After I shared this with the congregation on Sunday, a church member sent me a link to an article called the “Power of the Word” and the writer says of Smith Wigglesworth that one of his most quoted sayings was, “ If the Spirit doesn’t move me, I’ll move Him.”

I had another short dream this afternoon and in the dream a speaker said to me, “I’ll give you a State of the Union address and it is about Holy Spirit.” I awakened feeling sure that Holy Spirit is moving in a great way in these mountains. This move of God is the condition of our region – it is the reality.

In my first dream last week, I was told that we are NOW in a move of God in this region. I believe this. I believe that our acknowledgement and proclamation of this actually thrusts us forward. Often God shows us things to proclaim as a reality, even if the evidence in the physical realm is not as great as we think it should be. This is faith. As in Ezekiel 47 concerning the river coming out from the temple, the question is asked of Ezekiel, “Have you seen this O’ son of man?” We must acknowledge and proclaim the things we see in the Spirit. We must see them as reality.

Often, we look ahead to the future and hope for good things – big things – to happen there in the future. This can be a crutch – a crutch we have used far too long. I think of myself as a visionary and I love vision, but a futuristic mentality has many dangers when we place what God is doing only into a future dispensation and not the now. It gives us a crutch – to not walk in our calling now, but to only have plans to walk in it in the future. It causes us to have weak faith as we postpone God. It stunts our growth. It never challenges us to put God on the spot to show up. The futuristic mentality leaves us stuck in the mud while we presently buy into the deception that we are people of vision. Father loves for us to be in such a pickle that He is the only Way out… up…. or in….

It is time to move Holy Spirit. It greatly moves Him when we allow our faith and trust to push Him. Our proclamations put Him on the spot. He loves it. He knows He not only has to show up, but He gets to show up and manifest His power. How can we move Holy Spirit? We must allow Him to show us the many ways He wants to be moved. It is not a set recipe. It requires intimacy with Him to receive “revelation knowledge.” This lifts the veil for us to see what God is already doing. Most things are set in order as to require the basic element of intimacy. I believe God’s greatest desire is to have intimacy with us. It is through intimacy that we move Holy Spirit.

As we yield our minds to think beyond human reasoning, we begin to love Him with all our minds as the scriptures encourage us to do in Mark 12:30. Thinking outside-the-box impresses God. Thinking beyond human reasoning moves God. The Centurion in Matthew 8 thought outside-the-box. He thought in the realm of faith. After Jesus volunteered to come to his home and heal his servant, the Centurion told Jesus to “just say the word.” Jesus was impressed. He was moved. He told his followers that He had not found such great faith in Israel. Faith and words spoken outside the typical conversations impress Holy Spirit. Doing things differently and uniquely, as Holy Spirit creates the ideas in our hearts and gives us words full of faith, impresses Heaven.

Will you move God? Will you believe in the NOW?


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about what Holy Spirit is doing NOW. And that the Lord has moved me back to Kingsport for such a time as this, I am blessed. I believe!!! I awoke hearing great singing around me and I was shouting Shama!! This was about a month ago. Then Paul Keith Davis wrote this: "At the time of harvest the enemy routinely rushed in like a flood to steal the inheritance of God's people. The lentils could represent all things brought to the place of harvest promised during the latter days. Shammah is a representation of God's Army filled with courage and valor imparted through God's lion-like nature who refuses to run even when faced with overwhelming odds. That noble act will strike God’s heart and He will give a great victory to His remnant." That is what I am believing and standing for. SHAMMAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good word - one that resonates in my spirit...

    ReplyDelete